Monday, April 5, 2010

Grow Your Own! How to Grow an Organic Backyard Garden- Part 1

I love my garden. There is nothing quite like stepping into your backyard and picking fresh herbs for your spaghetti, fresh green beans to steam for a side dish, or scrumptious summer berries. If you want to eat local and organic, you can't get any more local than your own backyard! Having a garden takes some work, but the results are more than worth it. This week we'll talk about how to grow organic herbs, fruits and veggies- all in your own backyard! For now, let me introduce you to some of my current backyard loves...

one of my loves, because they grow in early spring, beautiful peas!

and here we have my ABSOLUTE favorite right now, my dwarf peach tree that is starting to blossom!aren't strawberry plants just so cheerful? They always seem like they're in a good mood.
here are my adorable lettuce and radish plants. Last year my husband said my home grown lettuce made the best salad he'd ever eaten. I hate to say it, but it was the best salad I've ever eaten too! I can't wait for this year's crop.

I look forward to helping you and your family eat backyard local and organic herbs, fruits and veggies this summer!


No comments: