Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Toxin Free Body: Garden Fresh Tomato Salad Recipe


One of my favorite things about summer is garden fresh tomatoes. I love growing the old heirloom varieties organically. This year I grew a couple, one, a cousin of the Brandywine variety, and another smaller variety called Trophy.

After a severely hot several weeks, they have FINALLY started turning red. (Apparently heat over 90 degrees slows that process down) I have tons of lovely tomatoes now!
Last night for a dinner I made a lovely tomato salad.

I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you can get yours fresh from the garden (or at least a local, organic Farmer's Market!) as well!


Garden Fresh Tomato Salad
:

3-4 Large organic tomatoes

1 organic garlic clove

Several generous pinches of fresh organic oregano

Organic olive oil

Organic balsamic vinegar

Sea salt to taste


Cut the tomatoes into pieces (leave them chunky) and put into a bowl. Sprinkle the oregano over them, and then mince a garlic clove into the bowl. Splash with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the sea salt in and mix it all together!


How easy is that? And it's delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments: