Monday, April 25, 2011

Tip of the Day: Always Check Your Receipt!


(Photo courtesy of Compro)

The other day I was at Whole Foods, and upon checking out the cashier asked me if I wanted my receipt. I think it should definitely be standard procedure to give a receipt, so I was surprised he asked, but I said yes.

When it was time to pay, the amount seemed higher than I was expecting, so I quickly glanced over my receipt to see where I had gone wrong. It was immediately clear- the cashier had charged me for 11 dozen eggs!

I actually had 6 dozen, so I am not sure where he got the number 11, but I was glad I caught it- it was an $18 mistake once tax was factored in!

I had to go get a refund, and the cashier was not very apologetic, but it reminded me that there really can be mistakes- always check your receipts!



2 comments:

Prudence said...

I almost always have a mistake everytime I walk into a store, double charging... it's very sad that he was not apologetic.

Unknown said...

11 dozen? That's a lot- even for you! :) That's happened to me, too. Once I was charged $50 for a 5-pound organic chicken! The guy behind the meat counter had entered the wrong code.