Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Toxin Free Body: Avoiding Pesky Bugs- Naturally

Growing up in CA, I didn't get too many bug bites, except for the occasional spider bite. But the Midwest is a whole new story. Missouri has more bugs than I could have ever imagined- stepping outside at night sounds like a jungle!

Fortunately for my garden-loving self, there's Burt's Bees Bug Bite Relief.
This stuff has literally saved my life. Although I perpetually get bites on my feet, I persist in wearing my flip flops in the backyard when I garden. The bites (I'm pretty sure they're from mosquitoes) are big, itchy, and 10x worse at night. They often wake me up! Fortunately for me, using the Bug Bite relief takes away the irritation in about 5 minutes, and helps the bites to heal exponentially faster. And it's all natural, sans chemicals- parabens, phalates, etc.

To complete your bug-repelling kit, I recommend Dr. Mercola's "Bug Off" spray- it is super effective!
I recently started using it, and I highly recommend this product as an alternative to chemical-laden, DEET filled conventional bug repellants. It works really, really well, it smells nice, and contains absolutely no chemicals! It's even safe to use around children and pets.

Armed with these wonderful products, you can get out and enjoy the great outdoors- without being eaten alive! Enjoy!

No comments: