Monday, February 28, 2011

Dining Out Woes: Part 3


After my posts last week lamenting the lack of organic and natural restaurants in my area, I had to update you about my solution to my pizza problem.

While no Maker's Diet restaurants have sprung up within a 10 mile radius of my home in the last week, I'm happy to report that my husband and I were able to go out on a date last night, and that my plan of having Whole Foods heat up an Amy's Pizza for me worked!

The man at the prepared foods counter was so nice about it, he must have done it before! He popped our Amy's pizza into their glorious pizza oven, with its flaming fire, and it was piping hot with in 8 minutes.

It may not have been a romantic restaurant (I'm still longing for one of those) but at least I could enjoy my whole wheat crust pizza with no repercussions! ;)

I just had to let you all know that Whole Foods was so friendly and amenable to doing this.

So, has anyone decided to open a Maker's Diet restaurant chain in the Midwest yet? ;)

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Okay, a Maker's Diet restaurant anywhere sounds AWESOME. I hope one opens near you, so you can have a romantic/healthy option for dining out :) Amy's Pizzas are the best. I tried one with the crust made from rice flower. I didn't really care for that. howevr I went with regular flour crust and cheese pizza...all organic, no GMO stuff in it. it was fantastic...super spendy, but worthy every penny. I can taste the quality in the crust, too :) :) Oh, now I want a pizza ;0 :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)