Thursday, June 3, 2010

Toxin Free Baby: My Favorite Diaper Rash Balm (Organic, Of Course!)



When our first son, Nathaniel, was born, we were clueless about the perils diaper rash would present to our lives.  (That was only the first of many things we were clueless about!)  Before we started cloth diapering Nathaniel had a low grade rash all the time.  And if he was teething, he seemed to get diarrhea for a couple days.  This led to some serious diaper rash!  I knew we wouldn't use petroleum products like Vaseline, or a product containing a cocktail of chemicals, but I didn't know what was out there in the organic world- and more importantly, what would be most effective.

Fortunately for us, a fabulous company had already solved our dilemma!  We discovered Earth Mama Angel Baby's organic diaper rash balm when my mom gave it to Nathaniel as a gift.

Oh mi gosh is this stuff amazing!  Diaper rash is the least it can handle- it's also great for acne, exczema, cuts, burns, and practically everything else!  It goes on easy, has a cooling effect on the skin, and heals like a dream.  I honestly don't know where we'd be without it!

And the best part: it's truly, 100% toxin free. There are many "natural"  baby products that still contain chemicals like phthalates and parabens.  (The tricky part is, companies aren't required to list phthalates on their ingredient list, so you have to do your homework beforehand to know which companies don't include them.)  Earth Mama Angel Baby's products are absolutely free of every toxin- and they're becoming increasingly well known because they WORK.  There's no compromises with Earth Mama products- the quality is unparalleled, and so is the efficacy.

Give them a try! I promise you won't be disappointed!  Check out www.amazon.com, www.luckyvitamin.com, www.vitacost.com, and  www.mothernature.com for great prices!



5 comments:

akdbaker said...

Hello! I'm going to look for this balm! Thank you!
I have a question. I'm new to this blog and I don't know if this is the place for question to you.

My baby is going to be 1 this month and I'm on the Maker's Diet. I want to raise him on it to. But..you know...traditionally we have B-Day cakes. I don't want him to have the refined sugar, etc. What do you do for your kids? Thanks!
Kellye

Catherine Slezinger said...

Hi Kellye!

Thanks for your comment. Let me know if you end up trying the balm. :)Congratulations on your baby's 1st bday! We have a 28 month old and a 6 month old. (both boys) I had the same dilemma for the first birthday! But it's an easy one to solve...you can substitute soaked/sprouted grains for the flour and Rapadura for the sugar, or you can make a "cake" alternative for baby like a custard. (And put a candle in it!) I'd highly recommend reading these articles from the Weston A. Price Foundation on feeding babies, and purchasing a copy of Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon (an amazing traditional foods cookbook, Jordan Rubin references her in the Maker's Diet) Nourishing Traditions has a whole chapter on making sweets for the occasional treat!

http://westonaprice.org/childrens-health/315-foods-to-tantalize-toddlers-and-preschoolers.html

http://westonaprice.org/childrens-health/318-feeding-babies.html

http://www.amazon.com/Nourishing-Traditions-Challenges-Politically-Dictocrats/dp/0967089735/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275747779&sr=8-1

Hope that helps some, and thanks for your comment, Kellye! Blessings!

akdbaker said...

Thank you for the help! My husband and I actually have a 21 year old and a 1 year old boys! We have them one at a time! ha:)

Ok...I'm going to order the books and read the articles asap. So...if I get some spelt flour from the store...can I soak that and then make a cake with it? I've never soaked flour. How do I do that?
Thanks again! Kellye

Catherine Slezinger said...

Hi Kellye,

You can definitely use spelt flour, you just need a good recipe! I'd recommend waiting until you get the Nourishing Traditions cookbook, if you can. :) All that soaking involves is putting the flour/grains in a liquid with an acidic agent for 12-24 hrs. (Like whey, yogurt, lemon juice, or vinegar) But, you have to do it in correct proportions to the recipe. I'm not super familiar with spelt, to be honest. I think the NT cookbook could really help you though! Blessings!

Roberto Suarez said...

Great post! Buy Newborn Baby Skin Care & Baby Bath Products Online in India