Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Monday's Menu Part 2: Healthy Holiday Eggnog

(Photo courtesy of Jacoplane)

Ok, ok, not the eggnog in the picture above, (although it is a French brand, and I am sure it is amazing!) but a great homemade recipe I found from Dr. Mercola, and tried last night. I bet it tastes just as good as the French version!

I never liked eggnog growing up, so I was hesitant to make my own. But I couldn't resist a recipe calling for drinking raw cream!

Here's Dr. Mercola's recipe for some truly delectable holiday eggnog- although I must admit that it could definitely use about 1 tspn. organic raw honey or other sweetener in order to taste like the eggnog we are all used to. However, I left it out, and still enjoyed it thoroughly!

Here's Dr. Mercola's recipe, taken from his free website: (To see the original article click here)

Enjoy this with your family this Christmas!

Healthy Eggnog

1-2 organic, raw eggs
2-3 ounces raw cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (organic, no alcohol)
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Blend all ingredients in a blender and it’s ready to serve!







No comments: