Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toxin Free Home: Product Review of Citra Suds Laundry Detergent


The only constant in life is change...and laundry, right? Oh, and dishes! I remember when laundry wasn't that big of a deal in my life. When it was just hubby and me, a few loads a week would set everything right.

Not anymore! Between our clothes, the kid's clothes, and cloth diapers, laundry is a constant mountain waiting to be attended to. I'm always on the lookout for products that get the job done more effectively, and that make it fun!

So when Citra Solv gave me the opportunity to test their Citra Suds laundry detergent, I was thrilled! I am completely in love with their dish soaps , dishwasher gel and cleaning concentrate, so I knew I'd love their detergent too!

I was right! Not only does it have a lovely, light orange scent, but it cleans extremely well.

How do I know this conclusively? Two words: cloth diapers. They are the ultimate test! I run my cloth diapers through an entire super load just to rinse them- it is 45 minutes long, before running an additional super load and add my soap. Lately, my diapers have been still stinking when I get them out of the dryer. (Yuk!)

The only way I remedied this problem was to add a spoonful of Citra Solv's cleaning concentrate to the wash, along with my other natural detergent.

So I was curious to see if the Citra Suds would be strong enough to really clean the diapers without adding anything extra.

Voila! Clean, fresh smelling diapers AND clothes! I am totally impressed! Honestly, their other products are all so amazing that I would have been shocked if this one didn't work just as well.

Try them out for yourself! Check out their website to find a retailer near you!







2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Thanks for the good tip. I make my own homemade laundry powder. However, I do buy natural laundry soap from time to time at the store. I usu ally buy 7th generation, but I"m always willing to try other brands. Also, my ears perked up when you talked about dish soap. That has been hard for my dad and I...we like natural stuff because it doesn't leave a chemical taste on our dishes..but they don't always clean well..Any ways, this is great stuff. Thank you :) :)

Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :)

p.s. The füchoThin is AWESOME.

Blogger said...

Register with EverydayFamily NOW and you will receive stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and weekly coupon alerts as well as access to free baby samples, coupons, baby magazines & much more.

New Members Can Win Free Diapers for a Whole Year!