Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Toxin Free Baby: Heirloom Organic Baby Bassinet

When our first son was born, some close friends of our family offered to give us a beautiful bassinet that they had purchased for their twins. It was a gorgeous bassinet, but since we planned to use a crib I had my heart set on, we turned them down.

Once Nathaniel was born, and I saw just how small a newborn was, and how his crib seemed to engulf him, I regretted my decision to turn down such a generous offer! I still do to this day!


With baby #3 coming in only 3 weeks, I've been looking into organic bassinets again (there are not many options) and have added one to my wish list. It's technically a Moses Basket, by a company called Wendy Anne, and they are just so gorgeous I had to show them to you!
Aren't they beautiful?!Look at all the lovely patterns!I'm smitten.
And all made from organic cotton! The mattress pad is made from organic cotton as well, and the Moses basket is hand woven in the USA.

They also sell stands to hold the baskets:

Be still my beating organic heart!

If I am able to get my hands on one, I promise you will get to hear all about it and see pictures of my sweet newborn sleeping in their cozy organic nest!

Check them out for yourself at their website:

http://www.wendyanne.com/_catalog_46486/Moses_Baskets


4 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Wow, congrats on Baby #3. I'll be prayng for a smooth delivery :) :) Those bassinets are adorable. My favorites were the cream and the blue ruffly ones :) :) Those are just gorgeous!!! I hope someone gifts you with one of those :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

DaniLynne said...

Catherine, how do we find your wish list????

Catherine Slezinger said...

Thanks Heather! We're looking forward to baby #3!

Catherine Slezinger said...

Danielle, you are so sweet, but my wish list is currently only in my head, lol!