Friday, March 11, 2011

Toxin Free Home: Dr. Bronner's Hand Soap


In our house, it seems like we go through hand soap on a weekly basis. It gets expensive to keep soap in the bathrooms! While browsing our co op magazine, I came across Dr. Bronner's soap. I had seen it in Whole Foods before, but never bought it, because we dearly love using Miracle Soap as our body wash.

I decided to give the soap a try and use it as our hand soap. We LOVE it! I have been using foamer bottles and mixing it with water- about 75% water, 25% diluted soap, maybe even less soap than that. It foams beautifully and smells delightful- such a nice, minty fragrance.

And it's totally toxin free- the soap is made with organic coconut oil, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic olive oil, and organic peppermint oil.

You can also use it as a body wash! Let me know if you try it and like it!




6 comments:

Christine said...

I use it as a body wash all of the time. Great idea to use it as a handsoap. Now I only need to buy one product for several purposes!

JackieV said...

Sometimes we use it as shampoo also!

Catherine said...

Christine, I love using one product for several purposes! Jackie, great idea using it as a shampoo!

Christine said...

We love this soap!!! We started using it as a body wash, but then eventually began adding it to our hand soap dispensers around the house. Once baby comes, I plan on using the Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild soap. It's so much more affordable than purchasing other quality baby wash products, and you're right, it lasts forever!

Chrissy said...

I just found your website while searching for 'toxin free hand soap' after realizing my current soap isn't that great. I also have a new baby, born on St. Patrick's day, and am taking inventory of all the products we're using and trying to be as healthy and toxin free as we can be, especially with a new baby in our home! I look forward to reading your blog now and have saved you in my favorites! :)

Blogger said...

3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!