I will re-list the foods, and put my recommended brands in bold next to them.
Here we go!
Meat: (Grass Fed & Organic)
We have a local farm where we buy all of our organic grass fed beef. Check out www.eatwild.com to find a farm in your area, or www.realmilk.com, as many farmers who sell milk will also sell beef.
- Meat bone soup or stock (We use homemade, I rarely buy store bought stock, as many organic ones have MSG in them! Anything that says "yeast extract" is actually MSG!)
- Liver and heart (must be organic) (I must admit that I've never been brave enough to try liver but our farmer does sell it!)
- Lamb Our family loves lamb! We buy it from the Whole Foods meat counter- there is usually only one local brand available. Check out your natural health food store.
- Buffalo We love buffalo too! Buffalo burgers are particularly good. We get ours from the Whole Foods meat counter.
- Elk We have never eaten elk, let me know if you try it!
- Venison We have never eaten vennison, let me know if you try it!
- Beef - See note above
- Goat We have never eaten goat, let me know if you try it!
- Veal We have never eaten veal, let me know if you try it!
- Jerky (with no chemicals, nitrates, or nitrites) I rarely buy jerky, but I do know you can easily make it at home with a dehydrator. If you do decide to buy it, just make sure it has no chemicals, nitrates or nitrites as listed above, and comes from grass fed beef.
- Beef or buffalo sausage (with no pork casing) Applegate Farms has some really good organic beef sausages and hot dogs, without any pork, and made from grass fed beef.
(The availability of fish will vary based on your area. Check out your local natural health food store for the best wild or ocean caught fish available to you.)
- Fish soup or stock
- Orange Roughy
- Sea Bass
- Sardines (canned in water or olive oil only)
- Poultry bone soup or stock (I very rarely buy chicken stock, I usually make my own!)
- Chicken Check out your local health food store for good chicken- I usually buy the organic chicken from our Whole Foods. You can also see if you have a local farm that sells chicken.
- Cornish game hen I have never tried Cornish game hen, please let me know if you do!
- Guinea fowl I have never tried guinea fowl, please let me know if you do!
- Turkey Diestel Farms out of Sonora, CA is a great brand.
- Duck I have never tried duck, please let me know if you do!
- Chicken or Turkey Bacon (with no pork casing) Applegate Farms makes an excellent organic turkey bacon!
- Chicken or Turkey Sausage (with no pork casing) Applegate Farms also makes excellent organic chicken sausages.
- Chicken or Turkey Hot Dogs (with no pork casing) They make chicken and turkey hot dogs too, but our family prefers their beef hot dogs!