I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Today we'll be looking at the second component of the Perfect Weight America program:
Drink For Your Perfect Weight
Ok, I think we all know we "should" be drinking more water. But did you know that drinking enough water promotes weight loss? On page 89 of Perfect Weight America, Jordan Rubin has this to say about good ol' H20:
"Regular old water can play a significant role in losing weight because of the way it revs up your meatbolism and hydrates cells so that they can process carbohydrates and fats more efficiently. When your body's cells are well hydrated, you accelerate the liver's ability to convert stored fat into usable energy and help your kidneys flush out toxins.
If you substitute water for soft drinks- and ignore everything else written in Perfect Weight America- you'll still lose three pounds in short order, according to a study at Children's Hospital and Research Center in Oakland, California."
If you want to drink to your perfect weight, here are some great tips he goes on to offer:
(From page 96 of Perfect Weight America)
- Make your number one beverage purified, non-chlorinated water, consuming a half-ounce of water per pound of body weight, or around eight to twelve cups a day, especially if you live in warmer climates.
- If you drink natural sparkling water, don't choose brands with added carbonation, such as Perrier.
- Install carbon-based filters at the kitchen faucet and refrigerator, or purchase countertop water pitchers.
- Brew green tea, or consume pre-steeped liquid teas (preferably organic), which may be sweetened with a small amount of honey or stevia.
- Take a step on the wild side and try lacto-fermented beverages like kombucha.
- If you're a coffee drinker, switch over to certified organic coffee, which can be flavored with organic cream and a small amount of honey or stevia.