We've only got a few more days, and we'll be wrapping up our Perfect Weight America series! Today we'll be talking about component 7, a very important one in our journey of health:
Reduce Toxins For Your Perfect Weight
Toxins are everywhere in our environment. From the food we eat, to the skin care products we use, to the air we breathe, toxins are present, residing in our bodies and causing a whole host of problems. For more on this issue see my former blog post about your body's burden.
Here are some common hiding places for toxins that Jordan Rubin points out in Perfect Weight America on page 178:
- Conventionally raised meats, fruits and vegetables
- Household cleaners
- Skin care and body care products
- Indoor air quality
- Drinking plenty of water- at least a half-ounce for each pound of body weight- will give the body the fluids it needs to pull those toxins out of the bloodstream.
- Install shower filters to remove chlorine and toxins from your water.
- Use glass or polycarbonate containers instead of plastic containers whenever possible.
- Improve indoor air quality by opening windows, strategically placing natural houseplants, or buying an air filtration system.
- Use natural cleaning products for your home.
- Try out organic cosmetics and personal care products, which are good for the body and for the environment.