(Taken from Perfect Weight America's website)
- The average American female is 24 pounds heavier today than the average American female of 1960.
- The average American male is 25 pounds heavier today than the average American male of 1960.
- According to researchers, 66% of US Adults are overweight today.
- Researchers predict 75% of US Adults will be overweight by 2015.
- Every day 11,000 diet books are sold on Amazon.com.
- Every day Americans spend $158 million on over the counter diet pills, weight loss programs and diet books, diet home food delivery, gastric bypass surgery, weight-loss spas, and various "ab sculptors" and "bun trainers."
- Globally, 600 million people are undernourished.
- Globally, there are over 1 billion individuals who are overweight (300 million being obese) - making this the first time in recorded history that there are more overweight people on earth than those who are undernourished.